Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Still going...

So last night we put up the additional posts for the fence so we can finally just let the dogs out when they have to go...no more walking them in the rain!

Today we are getting in about 10-11 yards of gravel that we are going to be putting into this freaking ditch by hand before the dirt goes back in. If we are done before Mike's mom gets here it'll be a miracle.


Did you ever sit back and wonder what you would do if you won the lottery? I did the other day. I saw the power ball was up to like $35 million and realized I would be perfectly happy winning even just $1 million. Then I started thinking in retarded detail, what I would do step by step in order if I won just $1 million dollars (this equates to about $560,000 post tax).

  1. I’d contact one of those places to get it in a lump sum instead of 20 year installments.
  2. I’d pay off my student loans and any outstanding bills (only about $3800).
  3. I’d pay whatever I need to, to get my license back (maybe $500 tops).
  4. I’d buy both myself and Mike new cars (total of about $75,000 and that’s figuring super high).
  5. I’d hire out contractors to lift the house and put in a new foundation and basement ($45,000)
  6. Again hire contractors to rip out the walls that need to be insulated, insulate the walls, put up the missing walls and redo the layout of the upstairs including new plumbing. ($10000)
  7. Hire electricians to come in and completely re-wire the house the way we want it. ($5000)
  8. Hire an architect to design the new addition to the house ($2000)
  9. Have the addition put onto the house ($60,000)
  10. Hire a landscaper to put the lawn together exactly how I want it including shed, fences, garden, gazebo, etc. ($10,000)
  11. Have people come back in and do all the finish work on the house. ($5000)
  12. Furnish the house how I want it. ($10000)
  13. Invest the rest and save for the future…that’s about $260,000 not a bad deal there.

I know, probably a weirdo sitting there thinking about all that but you know, sometimes it’s just nice to dream.