Sunday, April 08, 2007

Yes...I remember how this feels now...

Soreness. This is a way of life during the spring and the summer for us now. I accept it, I don't regret being it, but right now, I just want my mommy dammit!

*whine*owwie*sniffle*whine*

I got another good head start today while Mike was still sleeping with the laundry. Then after I woke him, I went to start back on the yard again. I can honestly say this is the most dramatic difference I've seen since we've started on this place last year.

I got the path in the front of the house re-routed so it goes around the house and makes sense. I got rid of all the large rocks that not only defined the path, but also made an island in the middle of the front yard. I moved around a lot of gravel, raked up all of the remaining leaves in the front yard and had a lot of fun with the weeder thingy that we got getting rid of all the dandelions in the island.

I can see how it's going to look once we get grass in there and I'll be pleased. We found another rose plant growing in the front and it looks like it's a creeper so Mike put up some trellising while I ripped out everything around it. I forgot to mention that Mike threw down a ton of clover seed yesterday to start filling in all the muddy spots we have throughout the yard. We're going to get grass seed for the front however, not clover. We didn't get a chance to mow because it started raining and cut the day short, but I can definitely say it was productive.


The dogs are laying next to us on the couch completely conked out. They play 4 times as hard when we are out there, not to mention Bacchus is obsessed with any tool that we hold that you move along the ground, such as a hoe or a rake, and was going batshit crazy while I was using the hoe to move the gravel. Granted, it cracked us both up so I had Mike run in and get the video camera, I'll post it probably tomorrow for everyone's amusement.

Finally, a list of current things that hurt...my left middle finger, all of my nail beds, my left leg (why not both I have no idea), my lower back and my stomach. I think from all the kvetching, it's safe to say that Mike hurts "everywhere" and leave it at that.